Paper (conference and/or workshop) or poster (conference)
Each participant can send a maximum of one (1) contribution (conference and workshop), which will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee by means of a peer review process. At the conference the authors of papers will have 20 minutes for presentation, and 10 minutes for discussion with those present. The Conference Organisation will provide a space for the presentation and exhibition of the posters selected by the Scientific Committee. These posters will be exhibited every day of the Conference. The authors must print the poster and deliver at the Conference Organization one day before the conference starts. They should be available in the exhibition space during the coffee breaks as set in the programme to answer delegates questions. At the workshop the authors of papers will have 10 minutes for presentation, and the time left will be for discussion. The proceedings book will be edited but will include only the papers and posters presented at the conference and workshop. Even if selected, the Scientific Committee may decide whether your contribution is suitable for paper presentation or poster exhibition.
Instructions to SUBMIT paper or poster contributions
If your contribution is accepted by the Scientific Committee, and you register on the Conference you can present your work at the Conference through an oral paper or a poster (depending on the decision of the Scientific Committee). The paper or poster will be published in the Conference Proceedings (ISBN) only if you present your work at the Conference and/or Workshop.
- Send the paper (conference and/or workshop), or poster (conference), by 19th January 2014.
- Use the EasyChair platform link to submit the paper (conference and workshop) or poster (conference) > https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icdhs2014
- Send a word file (doc. or docx) – save the file with the initials of the title of your contribution. Example – TPINP.doc, or TPINP.docx.
- The contributions should be anonymous and should not express the name of the author(s). Documents that do not comply with this rule will be excluded from the evaluation process.
- Official language of the conference: English. Documents that do not comply with this rule will be excluded from the evaluation process.
- Abstract up to 300 words
- Text up to 2500 words (including abstract, footnotes and references).
- Maximum 3 colour images
- Abstract up to 200 words
- Text up to 1000 words (including abstract, footnotes and references).
- Maximum 5 colour images
- Abstract up to 300 words
- Text up to 1500 words (including abstract, footnotes and references).
- Maximum 1 colour images
ABOUT THE PEER REVIEW PROCESS
In the peer review process, two members of the Scientific Committee will be in charge of assessing your work. Should they have any suggestions or comments to make about your documents, they will be included in a table that will be then sent for you to read. Should your work be accepted by both members of the committee without any comments in the first stage of the revision, your contribution will be included in the Conference Record to be digitally published. If one or both members of the Scientific Committee request document revision, you must make the appropriate changes in the text and comply with the deadlines set by the Conference Organisation, and then send the document for a second assessment. Your work will not be accepted for publishing in the Conference Proceedings in the following cases:
- When neither member of the Scientific Committee accepts it in the first stage of the revision.
- When the new version sent for revision in the second stage is not accepted